This is the everything-you-need-to-know-to-be-as-healthy-as-possible newsletter, brought to you by Kristy Russ, pharmacist and health consultant. I have over 20 years experience in helping people improve their health.
I help people get healthy, and more importantly, stay that way so they're not miserable and just slowly dying for the last 20 years of their lives, which IS the "norm" today.
For even more information go to
Here we are 2 weeks into July and what a summer this has been already! The weather here has been so fabulous, I am just soaking it up. As a confirmed sun-worshipper (don't worry,I am always sun-safe), I am ecstatic about the heat and sunshine.
I know I talk about the weather alot, but for those of you who don't live in Northern Canada, you really don't know how incredibly rare this is...
I was doing some research recently (as always!) and I came across some articles about preserving brain function. Since this is such a common concern, I decided to write a quick newsletter about some of what I found.
RIP: Your brain is dying...
Did you know that many studies show that after age 30, every year you experience significant loss of memory as well as brain function?
Ugh! Explains a lot doesn't it? ;-)
See if you're experiencing any of the 5 early warning signs of a declining brain:
- Forgetting where you've put things, names, faces, or important due dates and appointments
- Difficulty remembering conversations you recently had, or things you just read
- Stopping mid-sentence, forgetting what you wanted to say
- Stumbling on words, suffering from lapses in concentration and being "scatter brained"
- Experiencing regular "brain fog", where you often can't think clearly or your thought process is slowed and murky
I know I've suffered from all of these at some points in my life.
Here's some things we're exposed to that studies have shown cause further damage to the brain:
- Fluoride in
tap water shown to lower IQs
- Artificial sweeteners can trigger the death of brain cells
- High fructose corn syrup and foods high in sugar shown to cause brain shrinkage
- GMOs in non-organic vegetables and many processed foods causing "brain rancidity" (where vital omega-3 fats in your brain are literally caused to go rancid and become toxic)
- Toxic pesticides and herbicides used as "common practice" on fruits, veggies, and grains
- Alcohol consumption which damages brain neurons (even in moderation)
- Electromagnetic radiation emitted by electronics (including cell phones) which can disrupt the DNA of your delicate brain cells and cause brain dysfunction
- Aluminum in antiperspirants and deodorants can cause toxic build up of heavy metals in the brain
Note: I didn't have a chance to research the scientific validity of the above, so please don't take these as fact (unless you've already
done the research- in which case I would love for you to let me know). But common sense tells us that all of the toxins we're exposed to is bound to be a factor in our brain health, just as it is in the rest of our body.
The bottom line is that the world we live in today takes normal age-related memory loss and accelerates it.
Since the biggest fear for most of us is losing our mental function, what can you do to stop this massive decline?
- Reduce toxin load
- Choose organic, non-GMO, unprocessed "real" food as often as you can
- Switch to aluminum-free deodorant
- Use fluoride-free toothpaste and water
- Don't use paraben or formaldehyde-containing skin products.Here's the anti-
aging brand I love.
- Don't use "smelly" cleaning solutions/candles/etc.
- Avoid alcohol/tobacco use
- Help your body clear toxins
- Reduce stress!!!!
- Take a high quality Ginkgo supplement
- Increases blood circulation to the brain, causing an immediate rise in brain function
- Antioxidant protection for brain neurons
- Suppresses cortisol effects on your brain
neurotransmitters in your brain longer
Obviously, you gotta live, but do what you can from the above to protect your brain so you can zing 'em with your sharp wit even on your deathbed.
Another Grateful Customer...
"I have had rheumatoid arthritis for a long time. I was getting methotrexate injections for many years to control the progression of the disease but they were starting to cause problems and making me feel terrible. Plus, I was really worried about the long-term side effects of the injections (of which there are many). So I stopped them.
Within a couple of months, I was so crippled with pain and inflammation in all of my joints that I couldn't even leave my house. I had lost all hope because nothing helped and I had spiralled into depression at the thought that this was what the rest of my life would be like.
I was very skeptical that Kristy's recommendations would help me, but I had nothing to lose and I was desperate. Within 2 months of applying the changes that she recommended, I was back to my old self!
I can't thank her enough for literally giving me my life back and I tell all of my
friends to follow her advice."
Because Laughter Really IS Good Medicine...