This is the everything-you-need-to-know-to-be-as-healthy-as-possible newsletter, brought to you by Kristy Russ, pharmacist and health consultant. I have over 20 years experience in helping people improve their health.
I help people get healthy, and more importantly, stay that way so they're not miserable and just slowly dying for the last 20 years of their lives, which IS the "norm" today.
For even more information go to
Summer is officially over- we had our last camping weekend this past weekend (in the cold and rain I might add. Heaven forbid the nice weather would last through a long weekend ;-) It's now the second week of September and everything is back to normal in our household.
Normal meaning chaos. The kids are back to school and the sports activities have already begun. While I love that my children are active and I truly enjoy watching them play, it creates a definite challenge of getting everyone where they need to be (and picking them up from where they are too). People listen to what's going on in our life and just shake their head like we're crazy. But it really isn't bad because we've managed our time wisely.
Without effective stress management strategies, I would have self-destructed years ago...
5 Steps to Decrease Your Stress
As we all should know by now, stress is a huge problem. Not only does it affect your work performance, your relationships and just generally suck the enjoyment out of life, but it has extremely serious health consequences too. It decreases your sleep, accelerates aging, leads to degenerative disease, compromises your immune system, and much more when it’s allowed to continue...
Obviously, it would be useless for me to just say “lower your stress”. If it was that simple, you would have done it already.
Let’s face it, your life is unlikely to get less busy. People are always telling me that things will be better once ________ is done. Guess what? It never happens. It just gets busier. But this is your life now and you shouldn’t keep waiting for it to get better because you’ll wait your whole life and miss out because you’re not really enjoying it.
Here are some ideas to help you try to lower your stress:
- Delegate. What are you still doing that someone else could be?
Are you doing things at work that may not need doing? Can you have someone else do them? Can they be done more efficiently?
What are you doing at home that could be delegated? Hire a student (or your own children) to do household chores like cleaning, laundry, even cooking supper.
- Be more efficient. If you can’t get rid of a task, have an honest look at how you’re doing it. What are you doing that could be streamlined? One way is to do something all at once, rather than as you go, like checking emails, or mass preparation of the week’s meals on one day.
- Be organized. Clutter creates mental chaos and adds to your stress. Take a few minutes to clean up your work space and your home (or hire someone to do it if it’s too far gone right now). Put things back in their place as you go and the clutter doesn’t happen.
things down on lists or your daytimer so you also don’t clutter up your mind with “to do’s”
- Say “No” more often. We put too much pressure on ourselves to do it all (especially Moms). You can’t. Remember that your time is precious, so guard it wisely. Schedule in down time for yourself and commit to it.
- Get rid of negativity. Negative things suck the energy out of you and you have no obligation to put up with that.
Make a list of the things that leave you feeling drained and make a commitment to removing them from your life by a specified date and stick to it. Even if it’s a family member- seriously. You’ll be surprised how much more energy you have when you’re not dealing with your mother’s baggage anymore.
Spend a few minutes now brainstorming the things that are stressors for you: situations/tasks at home and work, and the things that suck the energy out of you. What can you
Next time: Stress Management techniques…
Another Grateful Customer...
"I highly recommend Kristy's program. I loved eating as much as I want and not having to count calories! I never felt hungry!
I've never felt so good about my body before. I lost 17 lbs and 4 pant sizes. Now that I'm 5 months pregnant with my first baby I feel so good about how I look and feel and still weigh less than my 'pre-program weight."
Upcoming Seminars by Kristy
September 12, 2015 @ 9:00am
Important Things You Need To Learn Over Breakfast
- For women 40ish to 65ish. A panel of 4 expert speakers regarding issues you're dealing with at this point in your life: health weight loss, dressing for confidence, financial transitioning fromwork to retirement.
September 16, 2015 @ 6:45pm
Every Women Empowered
- Busting the Health Myths: The 5 Suprising Strategies You REALLY Need To Get Your Body Back So You Can Live The Life You Want.
I(f you are interested in attending any of these seminars, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Because Laughter Really IS Good Medicine...
A patient walks into a doctor's office with a cucumber crammed into one ear, a bouquet of parseley jammed into his mouth, and surprisingly large carrots hanging from his nostrils. He manages to mumble, "Doc, you gotta help me. I feel awful. What's wrong with me?"
The doctor replied, "You're not eating properly."